NOW COMES THE FUN PART--LOTS OF PAPERWORK! Please note: We accept applications all year long, but we start over every year in March. If your child did not get in the first year you applied, you have to do another application the next spring. (We told you it was a lot of paper!!!)Notice: Our HEAD START APPLICATION is online so that you can print it out to attach to all the required documentation. A delay in processing your application will occur if all needed documentation is not attached. Your application will not be considered complete until we have the printed application and copies of all of the following papers:
1. Child's birth certificate.
2. Child's Medicaid card if on Medicaid.
3. Proof of income for child's parents in the household includes ONE of the following:
A) check stubs for the 12 months immediately preceding the month you are applying. For example, if you are applying in April 2016, include the 12 check stubs for April 2015 through March 2016; OR
B) check stubs for the entire preceding calendar year. For example if you apply in April of 2016, you can use check stubs from Jan.-Dec. of 2015.); ORC) Employer Verification Letter. If you are recently unemployed and/or have started new job, please submit the last pay stub from previous job also; ORD) ALL W-2 Forms from parents in the household; OR 1040 Tax Form;PLUS E) Award letters such as Pell Grants or scholarships or the 1099 Form for Pell Grant; AND F) TANF; AND G) SSI AND H) Social Security Income.Finally) If you are self-employed, you may submit either your 1040 Tax Form or a business Profit and Loss (P&L) Statement or the Self-Declaration Letter below.
4. Military family only--For proof of your income, the following are accepted: LES (12 consecutive) or W-2; Retired/Disability income; Scholarship/GI Bill/Housing allowance for school; V.A. Income.5. A copy of parent's picture ID.
6. The HOUSING QUESTIONNAIRE. Fill and print out here.
7. If your child has a disability or is seeing ECI, we need copies of the documentation of the diagnosis from a professional.8. The SELF-DECLARATION LETTER. If you are self-employed, unemployed or have no income, please fill and print this form to attach to your application.
HINT: If you are not sure on the drop down boxes which center is represented by initials (BOHS=Belle Oaks Head Start), go to the locations tab and pick the center list to help.NOTE: Your application can be submitted at three locations (and any inquiries about the status of your application can be directed to these locations): Temple Admin Office, 504 North 5th Street, Temple, TX 76501; Belton Central Early Head Start, 407 N. Blair, Belton, TX 76513 (across street from BISD New Tech High School); and Killeen Downtown Head Start at 802 North 2nd Street, Killeen, TX 76541. Staff will make copies of 1 through 7 above for you to attach to your application. Please allow six to eight weeks for your application to be processed.
2017 Federal Poverty Guidelines
Persons in family/household Poverty Guidelines 2 $16,240.00 3 $20,420.00 4 $24,600.00 5 $28,780.00 6 $32,960.00 7 $37,140.00 8 $41,320.00 For each additional person, add $4,180.00